Monday, June 29, 2015

Dakins Lake

This past weekend our local county conservation board hosted a dedication of a local county park.  Over the past couple of years, they have been updating this park to include a new campground, shower house, picnic area, and natural playscape.  I had never been here before so I can't say how it was compared to what it used to be but it is just a beautiful little park.  

When we arrived we headed straight to the playscape so Elsie could run around and she just LOVED it!!!  I definitely think we could have spent much more time there.  









After playing there for awhile we made our way down to the lake.  IT isn't very big but it was SUPER clear and clean!  I was impressed actually.  The also recently stocked it and I could tell John was getting excited about bringing Elsie here in the future to fish.  We didn't bring our fishing gear with and Elsie was bummed about that.  




Butterflies Everywhere!  


When we got back to the back pond area we immediately heard the frogs.  I pulled up the sound on my phone that a Green Frog makes and it was fun to have Elsie hear it on my phone and then point it out when she would hear the real frog make the call.  

We also spotted a few turtles on our hike.  


Elsie kept wanting to step on her shadow-this is something she is really taking notice of-her shadows :)  She thought it was pretty silly to step on her tummy shadow.  


After our hike we enjoyed a little BBQ that was provided.  They had hot dogs and hamburgers, beans, chips and either ice cream or strawberry shortcake.  It was delicious.  We also ran into our friends Kedra, her two kiddos, and her mom who was there camping for the weekend.  

After lunch we made one last stop for minnow races.


And Evie was there too :)  


2 comments:

  1. Love how much fun Elsie is having outside. Isn't that the best to see them enjoy the outdoors?!!! What a neat place. The minnow races..how cute! Oh my goodness has Evie changed...she looks so much bigger. I can't wait to meet her Tanya!

    love you!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture! You look stunning and sooo happy. What a neat park and I am not surprised Elsie loved it! So daring that little girl.

    ReplyDelete