This past weekend Elsie had her first dance recital. She has spent the last 12 weeks attending a dance class with parks and recreation and it concluded with a dance recital. Her class danced to the song "Candyman". Despite her misbehaving/being distracted during class and especially during the two rehearsals on stage she amazed up by actually doing the dance on recital day. We definitely had our doubts. In fact, I was really worried but we really stressed to her that she had to listen to the teachers and just do the routine and if she couldn't remember what to do she needed to look at the teachers. Because is rehearsal it wasn't just that she didn't know the routine or had stage freight-she was not listening and being naughty-like playing in the curtains, sitting on the floor and picking at the tape that marked her spot, and laying on the floor making "snow angels". Yeah, I was a bit concerned. But in the end we had nothing to worry about. :) In fact, I was so proud of her!
In the auditorium we took up a whole row of seats-in attendance were : Dale and Bev, Brandi, Emma, and Olivia, John, Myself, and Evie, and my dad who came down for the afternoon just for the recital. My mom had planned on coming but she had been pretty sick the previous few days and with Evie it was best for her to stay home. My dad took a video of the recital so I plan to post that as soon as I can get a digital copy. I can't wait to see it!
Well here's a few pics of the day:
Elsie with her Daddy
John got her these flowers and she said these would be the flowers that she will have at her wedding to her Daddy when she gets bigger :) It was pretty sweet.
Elsie with Grandma Bev and Grandpa Dale
Elsie with Grandpa Craig
Brandi and Elsie
Amber and I with our girls
Evie during the performance-I guess she wasn't too interested ;)
Teeny Ballet Class
2015
oh my gosh....the cutest!!!! I just love her little outfit!! Her and Aubrey's are just darling.
ReplyDeleteLittle Evie just sleeping away...so sweet!!
Love you!