Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pregnancy Update: 39 Weeks

Whoa!! One week left, although I know that pregnancies go beyond your due date and have a good feeling this one will it is still crazy to think less than a week of my official 40 week pregnancy.  I have said this over and over with the pregnancy but it has gone SO fast!  I know I haven't done a lot of updates but to be honest, I don't have a lot to update.  Most of my appointments over the past few months have looked like this:

Check in
Pee in a cup
Sit back down in waiting room
Get called back to exam room
Weight check-nothing significant although there was a time when I wasn't really gaining weight.
Sit in Exam Room and get blood pressure taken-always normal
Greet doctor
Report that I have not issues and no questions
Listen for heartbeat-always in the 130's-140's
Measure belly-always right on for the week.
Say goodbye to doctor and schedule next appointment.

Honestly, it has been all the same with one exception-I think it was at my 36 week appointment I made a comment about how I hadn't felt baby move so much that particular morning and then they insisted I do a non-stress test and of course all was well thank goodness.  

This pregnancy has been so uneventful-I hope that continues on with delivery as well as health of the baby when it is born.

My biggest complaint has been heartburn but we have that under control.  Even some of the things like bad back pain and swollen ankles that I experienced with Elsie are non-existent.  I started to get bad back pain but a single trip to my massage therapist has cleared that up.  I just am feeling pregnant :)

Here are some things that stand out about the pregnancy:
1. I am tired-I take a nap most days I am home with Elsie.  I wake up in the middle of the night and have a hard time falling back to sleep and am up for and hour or two at a time.  On the rare occasion I am able to sleep through the night.  However, I still feel like I am accomplishing a lot throughout the day.  I do miss my two hours in the afternoon to get stuff done though because I am napping.  I have also come up with a good solution for sleeping comfortably.  Poor John said he can't wait for the "barrier" to come down which is my big pillows that I used between us to support my arms when I sleep.

2.  This baby has been hanging out on my right side-it is definitely not centered in my belly and I feel all the kicks on my right side as well.  :)

3.  I crave sugar-which is so not like me-give me salty and savory but this pregnancy my cravings for sugar have been out of control.  For a while I was eating a bowl of ice cream with chocolate syrup almost every night.

4.  I haven't hit that "uncomfortable" phase yet.  Maybe it will hit this week.

37 Weeks

Me at 38 weeks 4 days!  

I had my 39 week appointment this morning and all seems to be going well.  
  • Blood pressure is normal
  • Heart rate was in the 140's
  • Down a pound which bring total weight gain to 23 lbs
  • Belly is measuring at 39 cm-right on track
  • No swelling in ankles/feet
  • I declined to be checked again this week.  I was worried they were going to insist that they check to see if I had dilated at all-I remember with Elsie this happening a few times.  But no, they were just fine with not checking for dilation and actually said most of the time they do it because that is what the patient wants.  They want to see if they are progressing at all.  I figure I will know if I am progressing when I start having contractions or my water breaks ;).  
My next appointment is next Friday which I will be 40 weeks 2 days at that point.  I am scheduled for a non-stress test, ultrasound, and regular appointment.  We will see if I make it that far.  My parents are coming down Thursday night so I am hoping to make it until at least then but we shall see.  




No comments:

Post a Comment