Last weekend, I took Elsie to the zoo for an Easter event. They had an egg hunt, face painting, and the Easter Bunny was there too. We met up with Amber, Marc, Jean, and the kids. Amber got there before we did and warned me it was BUSY! (I hate busy places). Last Christmas, Dale and Bev gave us an annual membership to the zoo so I figured if it was that bad we could just leave and not be out anything but the time and gas it took to get there. When we pulled in to park we were directed to the overflow lot-I didn't even know that had that and we had to park clear in the back of the lot. When we walked towards the entrance we saw a REALLY LONG line that went out the doors and all the way into the parking lot. Thank goodness for our membership because we literally walked right in. It was perfect! And once we got inside it didn't seem busy at all. First up, the egg hunt.
I don't think Elsie's expression changed at all between these two pictures-ha!
This egg hunt wasn't what I was expecting at all-it wasn't really a "hunt" more like a "gather". The object was to collect 12 eggs and then trade them in for a little goody bag-Elsie did enjoy it :)
After the hunt we hit up the bathrooms and then watched the seal show. Elsie loved seeing the seals jump out of the water and when they waved. After the show we figured we should get on the train.
One of the highlights-she never gets enough of the choo-choo.
Then we headed to the petting zoo. Elsie was very excited to feed the goats and the "llama, llama"
And Aubrey and Elsie were giggling and squealing with the little cow.
Silly girls!
We didn't make a point to make it to all the animals. I wanted to hit the big ones, like the giraffes, but make sure to get in on the Easter festivities. After all, we can come back anytime we want.
Although she didn't smile, this is much improvement than in past years. This is the first year she willingly sat on the Easter Bunny's lap.
Our last stop of the day was to ride the carousel. Another highlight of the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment