This weekend was a GREAT weekend! We had nothing on the books as far as plans go and we just went with the flow. Friday night I finised cleaning the house. This seems to be an ongoing thing. No longer can I clean and pick up the house and it stays that way for the next week until I do it again. This is something I have to adjust to. I struggle with having clutter on the counter tops and things not clean. Like I said, this is something I am working on to let go.
Saturday John had to work so Elsie and I played, I did some laundry, and then when she woke up from her morning nap we went for a walk. It was a little chilly out so I got her all bundled up. I was worried about her getting too hot but she never did get a sweaty head or anything. We walked to the post office and met John and Grandpa Dale for lunch. Then on the walk home she zonked out :) which of course messed up her afternoon nap but oh well, she eventually took it. Saturday afternoon/evening I wanted to work on a couple of projects one of which was to paint our exterior doors. I ran into a bit of a glitch with the paint roller so that bummed me out that I couldn't finish it. We watched the movie Bad Teacher and called it an early night.
Sunday John, Elsie and I headed down to Des Moines to do some shopping and to make some returns. We had some tile that we didn't use in our bathroom that we needed to take back. It was a great day spent together as a family. When we got home I finally got Elsie's 9 month pictures taken for her blog post and we went for a walk together. That is two walks this week with John. Elsie and I felt pretty lucky! After Elsie went to bed I got things ready for the week, relaxed and watched the Emmys. It was a wonderful Fall weekend.
OOh! I love her hat! What a nice weekend.
ReplyDeleteCant wait to see her pictures. I bet they are adorable!